The Bradley University Black Alumni Alliance (BUBAA) is proud to announce our Inaugural Recognition Awards and reception the evening of April 20, 2013 at Mr. Benny’s Steak and Lobster House in Matteson, IL.
This is a monumental first for us, an opportunity to recognize the sterling achievements of our fellow BUBAA members in our own unique style. Click here to submit a nomination online. Submission guidelines are listed below and you may begin submitting your choices until the deadline on February 15, 2013.
If you have any questions on the process, please feel free to contact Wanda Bolton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are five award categories as outlined below:
- Distinguished Young Alumni—given to a young alumnus (35 years of age or younger) who has demonstrated ongoing commitment to support BU students, Bradley University and/or the BUBAA community
- Distinguished Professional Achievement—presented to a BUBAA alum who has been noted for distinguished performance in his/her respective career demonstrating significant accomplishments enhancing not only his/her career and also major contributions to business, non-profits and/or a specific industry
- Distinguished Entrepreneur—this award is given to an individual or partners who have built a successful business or service organization (at least 5-7 years old) from the ground up and are innovative, creative and fills a unique service or product to the community at large
- Distinguished Community Service—to be presented to a BUBAA alum who has made significant inroads and rendered dedicated service and commitment to local, regional or national communities
- Distinguished Leadership—this award winner exemplifies leadership in his/her career, community and/or support of Bradley University programs, projects and students.
Thank you in advance for your support of this new program effort to serve you better.
Guidelines for Submission
- You do not have to be a Bradley Alum to nominate a candidate however all candidates must have matriculated at Bradley. Bradley Alumnus/a is defined as a student who has been awarded 24 semester hours. Members of the BUBAA Executive Committee are not eligible for nomination.
- BUBAA Recognition Award recipients must be available to accept their award at the reception on April 20, 2013. If s/he cannot be present at the event, an alternate will become the 2013 award winner in the designated categories.
- Only one recipient will be selected each year to receive each of the five awards
- Nominations may be submitted until February 15, 2013. Forms must be completed in full. Nominations must consist of the form with detailed narratives in response to the criteria for the specific award. No late entries will be accepted.
- A maximum of three (3) supporting documents may be included with the nomination forms. Select these documents carefully (letters, articles, resumes, etc.) Letters of recommendations should not exceed one (1) full page. Documents exceeding the maximum of three (3) will not be reviewed by the judges.
- Please DO NOT submit materials that have been bond or placed in notebooks or plastic sleeves or portfolio covers.
- Please put the nominee’s name and the specific award sought on each sheet.
- Nominations should be submitted online here.
- Photographs are not required.
- Nominations will be reviewed by the selection committee on the basis of the data received and measured against the criteria as designated for each award.
Click here to submit an award nomination.